2018 Best Practices – Successful Online Recruitment
To make your online recruitment advertising campaign a success, you should follow some golden rules, and this essential guide can help you a lot in due course.
The UK is witnessing exponential economic growth in all sectors. It has uplifted the job market thanks to the increased demands of the workforce. Different businesses, manufacturers, and industries are looking for expected talents right from fresher to highly experienced professionals.
It has brightened the prospects of job seekers but fired the competitions among the recruiters too. Employers or recruiters are eyeing on high Return on Investment (ROI), quick process, and satisfactory results when going to publish an online advertisement for their needs.
Before saying anything regarding successful online recruitment advertisement, I would like to give some points that how online recruitment ads are useful.
The Advantages of Online Recruitment
- Vast audience available
- Ease of use
Selection of Appropriate Job Board
In the UK, dozens of international and national job portals are operating. Similarly, nearly a hundred local job boards are providing localized services. Thus, in such a crowded market right selection makes a great sense for advertisers.
However, some hints may help in due course.
- Check the target audience of job board and see whether those are matching with your needs or not.
- Niche job portals are the best way to meet your niche specific requirements compared to generalist job board.
- Check similarity in vacancies on the job site.
- See the numbers of users of the job website.
- Analyze the demographics of the audience.
- Explore the level of support and services the job board offer to recruiters.
- Finally, compare the cost of ads with other similar job boards.
Writing Effective Online Advertisements
If you or your content writer going to write an online job advertisement copy, there should be clear aims or concepts in your mind. I think the following targets may help you in this regard.
- Encourage readability and comprehensibility of ads
- To lure better job seekers
- Halt entry of bad candidates
- Cut number of useless applications
- Reduce recruitment processing time
- Enhance recruitment efficiencies
- Boost the reputation of a company or brand
After fixing your targets for ads copywriting, you should consider the following tips to create an effective and functional ads copy.
- Put your legs in the shoes of your ideal candidates and create a copy that compels them to apply for your job posts.
- Remember online ads get visibility in SERPs only when it has right keywords so use relevant keywords to the job role and include those in the title as well as a description of ads.
- Avoid internal jargons in ads copy and create universally accepted job titles.
- Create lead/opening para punchy, informative yet short.
- Location keywords are important now. Therefore, pay focus on giving the complete location of your job places/offices.
- Salary is a detrimental factor so always try to mention it anyhow and at least give a range as well as depict it’s not a restriction.
- Be clear and concise in copywriting by avoiding filler texts, technical jargons, and padding.
- Bulleted lists and highlighted important facts can help you in the copy of the ad.
- Be legal by avoiding biased and discriminatory language to save from gender, race, and lingual issues.
- Write only one and clear CTA in your ads.
- Emphasize ideal candidate needs but allow others to apply with flexibility.
How to Make Your Recruitment Ads Campaign a Success?
Your job ads have to face stiff competitions today because hundreds or thousands of job ads are competing to your job ads aggregately on various job boards. Among those all, your ads have to stand out and grab immediate attention of job applicants reaching you in various ways.
Moreover, different job boards are offer different features for advertisements ranging from standards to advanced features that could be used for niche job ads and with specific tools only.
Here are some hints to leverage those features the most.
- Enhanced job advertisements to augment your brand by including a brand logo or images/videos relevant to the company and job roles.
- Look for jobs by email features on the job portal and sponsor it to send email alerts to the targeted candidates who have subscribed to it.
- Use banners and buttons like UI elements to display and make CTA effective in your job ads.
- Explore multiple vacancies offers if you have multiple opening in your job ads.
- Use analytics tools offered by job portal for your ads and apply the right metrics to carry useful analysis.
- Allocate your job ads budget appropriately among the top performing sources.
- Measure the job ads campaign success using the right metrics and take steps to get maximum ROI.
Now you know that online job advertisements have multiple advantages. If we write an effective job copy, we can grab the attention of most of the ideal candidates within the shortest period and limited budget. Moreover, we can enhance our job ads campaign using the latest features and functionality offered by our selected job portals and make it cost-effective and highly successful.
Fortunately, among the leading job portals in the UK, Just Norfolk Jobs is highly famous and favorite destinations to place your job ads and get maximum applications as well as leverage its advanced offerings at highly competitive rates. Your right selection of job board only can make your job advertisement campaign a big hit and Just Norfolk Jobs is an unbeatable option here in Norfolk, UK.
She is Marketing & PR Executive for Just Norfolk Jobs and has been since October 2017. Manya has a vast amount of HR & Recruitment experience coupled with her local knowledge of the Norfolk & Norwich area.